A 5 Days Trek ex- Dehradoon, situated in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttarkashi. Trek starts from Sankri village which is also a starting point of Har ki Doon Trek. whole trek is full of richness of himalayan flora which includes: Pine Trees, various himalayan flowers,
Day 1: Dehradoon to Sankri (1920m) (arrive on your own)
Day 2: Sankri to Juda- ka - Talab (2700m)
Day3: Juda ka taal to Kedarkantha Base ()
Day 4: Attempt the summit & Return to harpoon base/ Juda ka taal (3800m)
Day 5: Walk back to Sankri & Drive to Dehradoon (730m)
Day 1: Dehradun – Sankri (Drive)
Arrive Dehradun by 8 am & our team will received you at railway station from where you’ll be transferred to Sankri village. Overnight stay at camping
Meals: only Dinner
Day 2: Trek From Sankri To Juda Ka Talaab (9,000ft)
Juda Ka Talaab is a gorgeous lake to be considered as a droplet of Shiva’s hair while he meditated at Kedarkantha.
Early in the morning we’ll start the trek that’ll lead us through the dense pine & oak trees with a gradual ascend till we reach our campsite at Juda Ka Talaab. Overnight stay at the camps followed by the dinner.
Meals: All Meals
Day 3 : Trek from Juda Ka Talaab to Kedarkantha Base (9,000ft)
After breakfast we’ll start our trek from Juda Ka Talaab to Kedarkantha Base, which takes about 4 hours. Most of the trail is on the ridge, under oak trees. We’ll also pass through some meadows where we can spot shepherd log huts & get a magnificient views of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag & Ranglana which stand among the others. Overnight stay at the camps followed by the dinner.
Meals: All Meals
Day 4: Trek to Kedarkantha Summit and Descend To Hargaon/ Base Camp (9,000ft)
After having a healthy breakfast we’ll start our sunrise trek to summit Kedarkantha. While trekking we’ll see all the mountains of the Yamunotri, Gangotri & Kinner Kailash range & the panoramic valleys too. After having lunch and a little sit to back to feel the natural scenery of nearby areas. Later we’ll descend back to the Hargaon base camp for our overnight stay & dinner.
Day 5: Trek from Hargaon/Base Camp Back to Sankri (9,000ft) and drive back to Dehradun
Here falls the ending of our mesmerizing Kedarkantha trekking. Now it’s time to backpack to Sankri, along with where the open meadows of beautiful Har ki Dun valley will accompany us. Later depart to Dehradun from Sankri by sharing cab and reach Dehradun by 9 pm at night.
Meals: Only Breakfast
Accommodation during trekking in Twilight Camping on twin or triple sharing basis along with all the camping gears like sleeping mattress, blankets and other related items.
Proper food menu is followed based on each trek- its altitude, weather, number of days and health of trekkers. It includes 3 full meals & mid-day + evening meals. (Total five time feed each day during camping) The food menu is planned by the professional trekker & dietitian.
Dehradun to Sankri and return in sharing cab/public transportation
First aid Medical Kit
Permits of treks where permission is to be taken
Qualified & experienced Trek leader, Guide and support staff
No kind of insurance or medical expenses are included.
Any kind of personal expenses or for porters or ponies are not included.
Transportation charges from the starting point before the excursion and from the ending point to back to the pickup point are not included
Any other food & beverage charges other than food menu are not included. (on local shop)
Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity, forced circumstances are out of our control.
Bag offloading up to 10 kg comes with a fees.(need to pay in cash directly to porter And also confirmation of offloading must be informed us 2 days prior to trek starting day)
We Recommend you to please read this carefully and bring all Essentials . You can also reach us for more clarification on Things to carry ,We will be glad to assist you .
Govt id card with name and address
Backpack (40-60 litres) Can also rent it from campsite .Need to request week before your arrival for confirmation.
HOW TO FIND A GOOD BACKPACK
Daypack (20 litres) (Mandatory if you offload your main backpack,Please make sure to request for porter for offloading the bag 2 days before your trek)
Trekking shoes: No sports shoes. The shoes need to have soles with good grip and ankle . Can also rent it from campsite need to request week before your arrival for confirmation.
COMPLETE GUIDELINES FOR SHOES</>
Socks (3 pairs): 2 cotton (for trekking) 1 Woollen (for night while sleep)
Sandals/Slippers for walking around in the campsite. Ensure they are light.
CLOTHS AND OTHER ESSENTIAL
Trek pants 2 (including the one you are wearing)
Collared t-shirts (3 including the one you are wearing) Preferably light, full sleeve t-shirts.
Full sleeve woollen/ fleece (1)
Thick jacket: Carry 1 hollow full sleeve windproof jacket/down jacket. (If you have wind cheater jacket?rain jacket then you can pair it with Fleece jacket )
Thermal inners: 1 pair of lightweight (optional )
Raincoat/poncho:1 Can also rent it from campsite .Need to request week before your arrival for confirmation.(Mandatory as it can rain/snowfall anytime in Kedarkantha Trek)
Woollen cap/ Balaclava: 1 (Must protect ears)
Sun-cap : Optional
Sunglasses: Any dark colour but blue. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness. Sunglasses are mandatory for this trek. Toiletries : Sunscreen – SPF 40+, moisturiser, light towel, lip-balm/chap stick, small soap, toilet paper(Mandatory), wet tissue (Always use dustbin at campsite)
Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
Camera: Carry all accessories – Spare batteries, charger, etc. (optional) Put your battery and mobile phone in sleeping bag to prevent the quick drained of batteries
Cutlery: Carry a plate, spoon, coffee mug & a lunch box.(Note : This is optional to carry though we provide all cutlery but don’t forget to bring Lunch box)
Water bottles: 2 bottles, 1 Litre each.
Trekking pole: Trekking pole is mandatory. Can also rent it from campsite .Need to request week before your arrival for confirmation. Plastic covers: While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalise things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes. Personal Medical Kit – Mandatory. (Don’t forget to bring ORS pouch or box And Antacid )
A DETAILED INFORMATION ON MOUNTAINS HAZARD
All these things need to go into one backpack. So make sure they are all light and you carry as less as possible.
Trekking such long distances in high altitudes requires a lot of energy. Our cooks on the trek provide you with as nutritious food as possible. But it should be remembered that a lot of ingredients need to be carried on such high altitudes and it is only human to forget something. We request our members to keep an open mind and enjoy the best of what we can provide.
Let’s look at few food habits you need to follow while trekking:-
• Breakfast is the first meal of the day before the beginning of the trek. Complex carbs break down and release energy slowly. This keeps providing you with a constant source of energy throughout the day.
• Drink at least 4-5 liters of water daily. (mix ORS in water which will maintain the water level)
• Granola Bars for post-lunch fatigue. (Optional) Trail mixes and granola bars of nuts and whole grains can be used to tackle post lunch fatigue which usually happens 2-3 hours after lunch. They are a good source of carbohydrates and vitamins.
• Electrolytes for rehydration.
• Towards the end of the trek, the body becomes dehydrated and depleted of salts and ions through sweating. Electrolytes like ORS should be consumed mixed with water to recharge the body.
• Carry multivitamin tablets for complications arising due to vitamin deficiency.(optional)
• Consume hot liquids at night to keep your body warm. (We provide soup at bed time at times)
• Strictly Avoid alcohol, it’s prohibited during trek .If we found any banned drugs, you will send back instantly and we have rights to file a complaint for the same.
• It is a common myth that alcohol keeps you warm in cold climate, Please avoid it .It makes you susceptible to hypothermia, makes your breathing shallow and accelerates altitude
• Avoid non-vegetarian food. Non-vegetarian food should be avoided as proteins take a lot of time to digest in high altitudes and cause various gastrointestinal complications. Eggs can be consumed in small quantities. (we do provide boiled eggs at times)
• Drinking water is not readily available in hills and hence the trekkers are advised to use water wisely and fill their water bottle every time when crossing or walking nearby the river or water springs.
For any trek cancellation, we should be informed at least 15 days prior to the trek starting date. No cancellation charges if cancel before 15 days of trek start date (100% refund except 15% SERVICE charges)
2. In case the cancellation is not made before 15 days then you can keep your money safe by informing us in between 8-15 days from trek staring date and can go for same or another trek on some other date as well. (No refund if cancelation made in between 7 days of trek staring date )
3. We have rights to cancel the trek without any prior notice ,in that case no expenses will be given to client like transportation ,Any hotel stay and any further expense which relate to this trekking trip with Himalayan Frontiers.
Season: January to March for Snow & April, May & September for Spring
Duration: 4 Nights 5 Days